Claim More Control Over Your Cooling
One-size-fits-all doesn’t always work in the heating and cooling industry. In fact, it hardly ever works.
Take your cooling system, for instance. There are many situations when it isn’t practical to have the traditional ducted system. Maybe your home doesn’t have ductwork and it would be too expensive and disruptive to have it installed. Or perhaps you don’t want to pay to cool unused areas of your home—which you’re currently forced to do with central air conditioning. Whatever the case may be, traditional cooling just isn’t cutting it for you.
That’s when it’s time to consider a ductless mini-split.
What Are the Benefits?
Ductless units offer the comfort of central cooling without ductwork. They’re actually more energy efficient than traditional units and offer luxurious comfort features. If central cooling isn’t in your best interest, we’ll help you plan your ideal cooling strategy with a ductless system.
Ductless mini-splits offer a number of benefits, including:
- Better energy efficiency. Are there rooms in your home that you don’t use? If so, a ductless system can help you save on your energy bills. Unlike a traditional unit that cools the entire home, you pick and choose where the cool air goes. This allows you to save energy and minimize your utility bills.
- Independent zones to end temperature wars. When you have multiple people living in one home, it’s hard to find a temperature that suits everyone. That’s the beauty of a mini-split system. Each zone has its own thermostat and can be individually controlled. Finally, you can call a truce to the never-ending temperature wars!
- Healthier indoor air quality. Many homeowners don’t have their ductwork cleaned on a regular basis. This means that all the dust and debris in your ductwork circulates throughout your home. By eliminating ductwork, you’re eliminating the distribution of allergens and pollutants that can negatively impact your indoor air.
- Hassle-free installation. Central air conditioners take longer to install. If your home doesn’t have ductwork, it’s expensive and time-consuming to add. Ductless mini-splits offer a much faster and minimally disruptive installation process.
- No ductwork. In addition to benefitting your indoor air quality, mini-splits aren’t susceptible to duct leaks. According to Energy Star, about 20 to 30 percent of the air that moves through ductwork can be lost due to leaks, holes and poorly connected ducts. That’s a lot of wasted energy that you’re still paying for! With a ductless system, you don’t need to worry about the energy losses that can occur with ductwork.
We Know How to Properly Size and Install Your Unit
If your mini-split isn’t properly sized, you can miss out on all of the benefits these systems have to offer.
Here at FoxFire, we prioritize proper sizing and installation. We’ll discuss your cooling needs with you and evaluate your home to determine which size is right. We’ll also determine where the different zones should be installed to help you meet all of your cooling objectives.
Begin Your Custom Cooling Strategy With FoxFire
Choosing to go ductless is the first step in your new and improved cooling strategy. The trained professionals at FoxFire are here to help you with the rest! To learn more about the systems we carry or to schedule repair service for your ductless mini-split, call FoxFire Heating & Cooling at 828.634.7598 or contact us online today.